Alsi Laddu w/ Chai ka Masala
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
2 cups flax seeds/alsi
2 cups wheat flour
2 cups ghee
2 1/2 cups organic jaggery powder
1 tbsp dried ginger powder
1/2 cup cashew nuts, chopped
1/2 cup pistachios, chopped
1/2 cup almonds, chopped
1/2 cup gond (Tragacanth Gum Herbs)
6-7 organic cardamom, crushed
1 tsp organic salt
1 tsp organic black pepper, crushed
1/4 tsp Chai ka Masala
1. Dry roast alsi in a pan. Grind it through a mixer, but do not overgrind it.
2. Break the gond and roast it in the ghee. The gond will rise up. Fry it until it turns brown and take it out in a separate bowl.
3. Roast the alsi in the left over ghee and roast it on a medium or low flame until it turns brown and starts to leave its fragrance.
4. Roast the wheat flour in ghee until it turns brown and leaves the fragrance. Take it out in a separate bowl.
5. Put jaggery in 1/4 cup of water in a pan. Stir the mixture till the jaggery dissolves completely into the water.
6. Put roasted flour, roasted alsi, chopped nuts, dry ginger powder, cardamom powder, black pepper, Chai ka Masala and salt into the pan and mix well. Let the mixture cool down a little. Prepare laddoo from the whole mixture giving it a round shape.
We do not own the recipe.
We do not own the image.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published