Chai ka Masala Loaf Cake
– 150ml Milk
– 1 1/2tbsp Chai ka Masala
– 1tbsp Tea Powder
– Crushed Ginger
– 200g Condensed Milk
– 100g Butter
– 15g castor sugar
– 125g flour
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 1 tsp baking powder
1. Start by heating some milk in a saucepan and then adding the Chai ka Masala and ginger. Let it come to a proper boil and then strain.
2. Allow the milk to cool and in the meantime cream the butter and castor sugar until pale.
3. Add the condensed milk and whisk together.
4. To the bowl, add flour, baking soda and baking powder. Fold the dry ingredients into the mixture.
5. Once the chai has cooled completely, pour 125ml of it into the batter. Combine carefully.
6. Line a loaf tin with butter and waxed baking paper and evenly spread the batter in the tin.
7. Bake the cake at 180C for about 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
8. Serve with a cup of Chai or just carry it around as a snack.
Recipe by Everything on a Plate
Watch the whole video here.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published